The entrance exam and an equivalence commission for mid curriculum acceptance at The Nantes School of Art is open to overseas students with a very good command of French (B2 minimum). Applicants’ experience of France (e.g. language study holiday) would be appreciated by the jury.
Students who have begun their art studies elsewhere may apply for admission to the Nantes Metropole School of Fine Arts via the equivalence commission. It concerns the potential students wishing to study full-time in L2, L3, M1 or M2.
The maximum age to register for this commission is 30 years of age as of January 1th of the year in progress, except for candidates registered in one of the 56 French art schools accredited by the French Ministry of Culture and Communication.
Online registration from Wednesday, January 4th to March 23th 2017 include
The registration request must be filled in exclusively online at the Nantes Metropole School of Fine Arts website (a valid e-mail address is necessary to receive an acknowledgement of receipt).
Several mandatory pdf files written in French will be requested :
a letter of motivation written in French, addressed to the Director,
a portfolio presenting your artistic work,
a copy of your baccalauréat or any other equivalent diploma, and a copy of the candidate’s academic record or a certificate of earned credits and a school attendance certificate proving that the student was registered at an art school.
For overseas candidates:
Copies of diplomas awarded translated into French (diplomas equivalent to the baccalauréat and diplomas concerning post-secondary art studies),
For Chinese candidates, copy of CDGDC (China academic degrees and graduate education development center)
- A certificate stating that you have taken the TCF (French Competency Test) or the DELF (diplôme d'études en langue française) level B2 required. Students whose mother tongue is not French already registered in a French art school accredited by the French Ministry of Culture are not subject to this obligation.
- Copies of diplomas awarded translated into French (diplomas equivalent to the baccalauréat and diplomas concerning post-secondary art studies),
The registration fee is the equivalent of about 40 €. You can pay online through our site or by cheque made out to the order of "Recette des finances de Nantes municipale"
IMPORTANT: We do not accept foreign cheques. There will be no refunds.
Phone : +33 2 40 35 90 37
Mail : nathalie.fraval[at]esba-nantes.fr
Students enrolled in post-secondary studies at ESBANM have student status.
As such, they are eligible for:
• Student social security (affiliation required for non-employed students between the ages of 18 and 28)
• Mutual health insurance scheme for students: SMEBA or the Mutuelle des Etudiants
• Study grants awarded by the CROUS and, for studies abroad, grants from the City of Nantes, the Loire Valley Region, the Franco-German Youth Office and the European Union
• CROUS student benefits (accommodation in university halls of residence, university restaurants, university health and social services, and athletic facilities).