The école des beaux-arts de Nantes Saint-Nazaire also has the mission to assist its graduates to enter the professional world by presenting them with openings and directions that will lead to professional opportunities. The aim is to create an environment that fosters the emergence of artistic projects by offering young artists production facilities, and theoretical and practical tools for improved professional autonomy, and connection to a regional, national and international artistic network.
It is within this context that the post-diploma course Les réalisateurs, formulated and directed by artist Fabrice Hyber in partnership with the management school Audencia Nantes and the école des beaux-arts de Nantes Métropole, opened in October 2013.
The artists attending the 2013–14 course are Magali Babin, Aymeric Caulay, Arianne Foks, Steven Guermeur, Yannick Masson, Mehdi-Georges Lahlou.
In 2015, the programme was open to new applications.
6 artists spent 3 months in Nantes. They worked under the artistic direction of Fabrice Hyber on the formalization and conceptualization of their artistic project in association with private or institutional partners.
At the end of 3 months, a production grant of 5000 euros was available to each artist (subject to the artistic and technical validation of the project). The programme assist the artists for a year to bring their artistic project to fruition.
The selection process is close.
Invitation to apply
If you have an artistic project you would like to carry out, apply now and realize your project.
The artists selected will receive:
- a grant of 1000 euros per month for 3 months
- an accomodation in Nantes for 3 months
- work sessions of 2 days per month in Nantes for 3 months
- artistic and technical expertise for the accomplishment of their project
- a grant of 5000 euros as a contribution to the production of the project, subject to its artistic and technical validation at the end of the 3 months
- a work space in the heart of the creation district
- connection to a professional network
- a supporting letter accompanied by a curriculum vitae (CV)
- a description of your project (max. 10 pages)
- a projected budget
- a list of potential partners (companies, institutions, foundations)